One week into this homeschool thing.
Today was a good day. I really appreciate good days!
Johanna was on task today.. Alaina's whining was minimal. Katie and Danielle got their studies done before lunch! Today was also our first day going to art. I was the driver... I hate the freeways.. especially in The Big White Van.. but I did it, and it wasn't too bad.
Joshie (14m) was naughty at Sharon, the art teacher's house. All he wants to do is nurse. All. The. Time. I don't want to quit nursing him, I figure since he is completely unvaccinated (except for the Vit. K shot at birth) he needs the extra antibodies that he can get from breastmilk. At the same time, I really do want to quit nursing him because I feel he is always pulling on me, and thrashing himself around because if I am near, he wants to nurse. Ugh. So, Idk. I am going to CO to visit my sweet Grandma Marie, with out kids, so maybe I'll stop nursing then. I really don't know what I am going to do. Right now he is on my back in a carrier, messing with the bun in my hair. It's the only way I can get anything done. He is satisfied, because I am holding him, yet I am not.. my arms are free. Stinker baby. :) I love him. He's such a sweet, chunky, naughty boy! :)
Back to homeschooling.
So far I am loving Heart of Dakota. It's easy to use. Almost no lesson planning is needed. Lessons are quick at to the point, and the best part, very Biblical! Bible is incorporated into all the lessons. I love that, it's great! Also, if I am short for time, if I cut out a part of it, they are not missing out on Bible.. ever.. :)
Tomorrow we will go over to The Homeschool Learning Center for their "Aren't you glad you are not going back to school" get together.. haha.. they will have free eye and hearing tests and school pics I guess. Also the kids can check out where their new classrooms will be. Katie will be doing Adv. Ballroom dancing.. last year she was in beginners and did really well, they didn't even require her to take a full year like they usually do. :) She will also be taking a Drama class with Danielle. They are both excited about that, plus they are both taking Art on Tuesdays like I mentioned before. Their art teacher is a wonderful Christian lady that teaches homeschooled kids. :) Back to The Homeschool Learning Center, Johanna will be taking P.E., mostly because that was the only thing available for her age group in that time period (I wanted them to all be there taking a class at the same time so I am not out all day, Katie will be there longer, but I will just leave her there and pick her up when she's done), but also because the exercise and team work will do her well... she needs it, she's active! Alaina and Matthew will be taking Tae Kwon Do for 5-7 year olds. They do have one for older kids, which I wanted JOhanna in, but it's not til later in the day. Oh well... So, we'll see how it goes this semester and decide from that point if we want to do another semester.
Well, I have reached my limit with Joshie.. he's protesting...
Gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment