Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Status updates

I think I'll keep this tradition going... one day I will appreciate doing this because it's so hard to look back on all the old status updates on facebook, especially years back.  I am the sentimental type and if I happen to catch a glimpse of an old status it brings back so many memories and I want to read more!!

So... starting at the beginning of September 2011:
Sept 1, 2011
Yesterday, Johanna: "will somebody please change Elise's diaper, she stinks so bad it's making my teeth hurt!" LOL!

Is really proud of Steven, not only is he working many extra hours to pay off bills and get ahead, but he's also been up late building computers for our wonderful church school. :) He's a great guy and I love him!

A fly tried to land on my eyeball and now it's itching and burning. ugh, nasty!

Sept 2
"Each new life a woman conceives is an eternal soul that will live forever." -Nancy Campbell

Matthew is way too sweet... tonight we didn't get a chance to do our family Bible study, and he just got up out of bed and was very upset we didn't do it tonight. He's the only one still awake (due to long nap) so I thought we could just read a cute story from the children's Bible. Nope, he wanted the real one. :) We read and prayed together and now he's back in bed. LOVE HIM!! :)

Sept 6
Angry birds....... if you have never played it, don't. It's very addicting!

Sept 7
Today is the girls' first full day of school, I felt kinda sad dropping them off! We had an almost 4 month long summer and it was crazily fun. :-) it'll be good though, everyone has been getting antsy (fighting) the last couple wks.... so being able to get out of the house is good for them, and me, because it forces me to get moving earlier in the morning. :-)

Sept 8
Just had THE best salad! Spinach, lettuce, seasoned chicken (I put hot sauce and teriyaki sauce on it, mmmm...), raw garlic and onions! My breath on the other hand is not so wonderful..... lol

"Do you sometimes think you are failing in your role as wife or mother? Maybe you think you are not good enough at this whole parenting thing, or you think you are a poor example of a godly wife. The Lord says, "My thoughts are not your thoughts!" Is55:8 He does not think those thoughts of you! He thinks you are more than able, and more than capable! He chose you for this purpose, and He will equip you for these tasks!Above Rubies

My status last year, LOL... Oh, Johanna... "tonight as I handed Elise to Johanna she said... "but I need the whoopie cushion to help hold her head up!" I laughed and said, "you mean the boppy pillow?" LOL... she told me she likes to call it a whoopie cushion. :)"

Sept 9
My grandpa Lester died last night..... so sad. Feels like a part of my childhood is gone w/ him. :(

Sept 11
It stinks having only one car and Steven working all through the weekend... we can't go anywhere!!!! ((other car is in the shop)) On the other hand, I am thankful we have 2 cars in the first place... it would REALLY stink to have to rent a car... anyway, that's why we weren't at church if anyone is wondering.. ;)

Today I was eating a salad and Johanna told me she LOVED garlic.... she was going on and on about it so I gave her a piece of raw garlic.... her face suddenly got serious, her jaw dropped and then made this horrific expression

Sept 12
Elise is talking so much!!! It's crazy after having so many babies that didn't talk well (except Danielle). She says over 50 words, she's saying 2 word sentences, and is pretty articulate for her age (15 m). She's SO cute!

Sept 15
My status on this day last year tells me Matthew peed on the potty for the very first time!! Wow, it seems longer ago than that. He was the easiest kid to ever potty train though.... with almost zero accidents day or night for probably 8 or so months now. Wonder if Elise will take after her big sisters and be a stinker!

Elise follows directions very well... I just told her to bring me a diaper (only half thinking she would) and she ran and got it saying, "poo-poo". Lol she follows other directions well too, but sometimes she just says, "no-o-o" with her mouth in a very pronounced 'o' shape while shaking her head. Haha, she's a handful, but I love her personality!

Sept 16
Today Lisey and Matthew were both standing on the same chair coloring at the table.. Elise leans back and picks up Matthew's shirt which reveals his butt crack... she stares a minute, points to it and says, "poo-poo".. haha!! We got a kick out of it, and apparently she likes that word! Stinker!

Sept 18
Danielle does not feel well... seems that she has whatever Katie had a few weeks ago and what Steven and I had earlier this week. :( Sore throat, headache, dizziness...

Sept 19
Can't sleep..... Matthew is having the CT scan on his neck later this morning and I guess I am feeling a little anxious about it. He has to go under anesthesia so that makes me a little nervous although it's a pretty minor procedure. Bummed I can't be with him, Steven is taking him and I am staying home w/ the other kidlets.

Update on Matthew. He did great! He didn't cry when he got his IV and they ended up not even having to put him under, because he held still for the CT scan. :-) when they were all done he said, "daddy I was brave!"

Sept 22
I have cabin fever...

Girls (and boy) are ''cleaning'' the basement for their massive sleep over tonight. All I hear is them singing in their karoke machine though. :-)

"Dear God.... (insert shy smile)..... Amen!"
-Kenadae
Davis
:o) I had the pleasure of doing family Bible Study with the Davis girls and that was Kenadae's prayer. It was sooo cute!!! Caitlin prayed that her parents would have a safe trip... it was very sweet.


Sept 23
think I'm going to keep Alaina home from school today, her cough is kind of bad and she's not feeling 100%. Really though... I just want her here with me today.

Sept 24
Happy Birthday to my full of life, spunky, beautiful, bright new 7 year old... Johanna Alexandra Lynn!!! The meaning of her name fits her very well, "God is my gracious defender out of her heart He causes rivers of living water to flow"!

Getting a new car today.... it's bittersweet.

Sept 25
Matthew still uses a pacifier.. all the time.. he's 3. I've been "talking" to him about how none of his sisters (except Elise) have one and I've listed all his friends that don't have one, etc, etc.. he doesn't care. Well, tonight Steven talked to him and said, "daddy doesn't use a pacifier, don't you want to be big like Daddy?" Matthew said, yep! and went to bed with out it.. haha... So simple.

Sept 26
Matthew was attempting to write letters on a piece of paper... he told me, ''this says, 'Matthew Scott loves Daddy!'" Awww!

I have a new nephew!!!! Cayden Scott Maestas! Congrats Bryan and Kayla!! I can't wait to meet him.
 :-)

Sept 28
This evening during our family Bible time Alaina prayed that "God would help mommy get more toys.... and not yarn..." LOL ((I take them with me into Michaels and Hobby Lobby and move swiftly past anything 'fun' and just grab yarn and get out.. haha))

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Did you know that you can download your Facebook archive? It still isn't that easy to read but I went ahead and did it because if I ever close my Facebook account or something happens to it on Facebook's end or something I didn't want to lose all of that because it has basically become my baby book filler...haha :).
    Go to your account settings and just under the language selection there is a link that says "Download a copy of your Facebook data.". Click on that and it will send you an email when your info is ready to download :). I think it only goes back to 2008 but that's certainly something :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I did try that once, but it's long, and annoying.. haha! It's good for all those really old updates. I just figured for these newer ones I'd keep track here so I only have to print out the fb copy once... or I could just figure out a way to print the most recent month... either way, I haven't even done that yet and I need to because you never know what might happen on fb's end! I've lost full "journals" on a military wives forum I belong to.. it happened twice and it was very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY COMMENT WORKED!!!! YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete