Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Little Something on Sunday: Swaying Blue

It's kind of fun having a secret.... not a total secret, because some people know... but you know, the baby thing. 
I am sure that everyone who knows me suspects we'll have more... but I am going to keep denying it until I can't deny it anymore.  If I have to suck in after I am pregnant I will. Don't worry I won't do anything to hurt the baby, like wear a girdle or anything... but I still feel the same as I did before, I don't want certain people to know.  I can't bear to see the "shocked but disappointed" or "what the heck?!" or "you are crazy" look on people's faces.  I guess I assume that the later they find out the more accepting they'll be... especially if I can make it to the gender u/s... can you imagine, announcing we are having a baby.. but not just any baby, but, "It's a ___!" how fun would that be? 
Which brings me......
Obviously I'd like another boy.. but another girl would be fine, I honestly believe that Elise has cured me of gender disappointment.. or maybe it was the fact that I did have Matthew finally, IDK...  Either way, I'd prefer a boy because Matthew could have a little brother... that would be awesome.
I believe that God will give us who we are supposed to have, but I also know that sin in this world, the way we eat, toxins we are exposed to have degraded things, like our bodies.  There is a lot of things out of balance, including a person's PH balance.  If you are acidic you are more likely to have a girl; alkaline, boy.  Can't remember why exactly, but when I read it, it made sense.  Nothing is 100% and God can get through ph balance, but I do believe what we put in our bodies has certain consequences. (not that having girls is a bad consequence.. ;)). 
So... I am trying to "sway" blue.  Meaning, i am trying to raise my alkaline levels AND increase the potassium I get everyday.  Potassium helps too.  Again, I don't remember why.. haha. It's so much potassium though... like almost 5,000mg a day.  The most I could do was yesterday and that was about 3,500mg. I could have eaten more salsa and spinach or had a baked potato.. in fact just one baked potato would have brought me almost to the level I needed to be, but I just wasn't hungry.  I could have made myself eat, but I am not taking this thing to those extremes.  Just doing what I can do and letting God do the rest. :) I really pray he lets us have another baby boy.
I am on CD 10 now... the days are dragging by. I can't wait to test....
And for some reason, the secret thing, is just a lot fun for me right now.. haha... In the past I couldn't wait to tell people.  The longest I waited was w/ Elise and that was a week!!!  This time it will be different unless someone else ruins it for me.  Which is very possible and I guess that's ok.  No matter what I'll be happy about our new little blessing even if a few people are not.  I am not keeping it from everyone so I know it's likely to get out, on FB or by word of mouth. 
When I was briefly pregnant last month Steven told his parents, told them not to tell anyone and later that day I was getting messages on fb... and Grandma Lou wrote something in a comment on my wall!! haha!! Sweet Grandma, she didn't know.  :) We'll have to really express our concerns to the people we tell (which will include Katie and Danielle) and go from there! All we can do is hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment