Elise Josephine Claire is just too smart!! Haha I love it!!!! Only Danielle came close to talking this much.. but I think Lisey understands more than she did at this age.
She follows simple instructions like, "go get your shoes" "get down" "sit down" "get your diaper" "throw it in the trash", etc. She understands if I ask her simple questions too... "do you want to eat?" To which she responds, "eat" (giggle giggle) and then runs to her chair. LOL...
This may not be that much, but after Alaina's speech difficulties (at 2yrs she wasn't even following simple instructions) I am thrilled!!! Matthew at Elise's age (15m) seemed to be following in Alaina's footsteps, which I think was 8 or 9 words at 15m, but only regularly using 2 or 3. Then he had a language explosion at about 17months so I was no longer concerned. Katie started early, saying 10-12 words at a year.. but then really slowed down after that and didn't really speak in complete sentences until she was 3. She was smart, could name all the colors, shapes, numbers, and letters of the alphabet if I just pointed to them when she had just turned two.. it was joining the words that was harder. Johanna just seemed to learn at a steady pace, not especially fast, but she wasn't behind either...
Elise is saying, or I should say, has said over 50 words now. She doesn't use all those words regularly, but everyday she is added more and more to her daily vocabulary.
Another thing is she repeats everything! We were laughing because in the car she was jabbering away saying cute things and Katie said, "you are so CUTE!" I said, jokingly, "say, 'I know'" Sure enough in this little itty bitty baby voice I hear "I know"... haha.. so clear... I totally didn't expect it.
She is so articulate too, she puts a lot of emphasis on the last letter of her words. So instead of nah-nah she says, "ny-nighT" with a very clear distict tah at the end, lol. If the word has an s she exaggerates it like 'sssss'. So nice is "nisssss" (long I)... and her k's are really exaggerated too, as in drinK or stinK, lol. So, anyway, she's a lot of fun. I look forward to other surprises she brings us, her personality is so full of life.. and mischief.
She climbs on everything and then looks at me and says, "doowwwnnn" (She seems to exaggerate the o's in her words too, and puts her mouth in a very pronounced circle while she says them).. hehe... she's so silly.
Recently Katie taught her to count. If you say "one..." she'll say, "two, det!" lol... it's so cute. I know she doesn't know how to count yet, but it's still fun to hear. I asked her to say "abc" yesterday and she said it with no problem.. I love it!! Her voice is so little, and so is she! She's this tiny 19lb baby, running and climbing on everything and talks talks talks!!
She's also trying to sing. If the kids sing "oh happy day" she'll say, "happy, happy" and throw in a "day" every once in awhile. She sings with the backpack song on Dora and tries to sing with the theme song as well.
Well... that's enough of my Elise brag, she's just so much fun and I never want to forget these days with her.
That is sooooooo cute :)! Emmi is *such* a talker too which is *such* a difference from last time, haha :). I didn't think Abbi was ever going to talk! About the time I truly started to worry she had an "intellectual growth spurt", I call it, and now she talks *constantly*!!! It was so funny, our friends (the Milliken family) come over quite a bit, one week they had been there and Abbi wasn't talking, a couple of weeks later they were back and Abbi said a whole sentence as clear as a bell and their five-year-old about jumped out of his skin and said, "She talks!!!', haha :), it was *adorable*! When we ask Emmi if she's ready to eat she says, "Yaaaaaa!" :). Wouldn't it be cute to hear them talk together... :)...
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Emmi is talking (and understanding) on a very advanced level! It would be so much fun to hear them jabber together. Maybe sometime soon.... Are you still planning on making a trip this way in May? Or does having a baby in April change that a bit?
ReplyDelete