Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts: Laundry!

Today I did a lot of laundry.  It's almost ALL done and trust me that never happens!!
One crazy thing happened.  When I went to take the clothes out of the wash I noticed there was cardboard in all the clothes.. lots and lots of it.  I knew I had no choice but to try and dry the clothes, hoping the lint trap would collect all of it.  There was way too much to try and pick it all off.  As I pulled the clothes out I noticed that there were a few dryer sheets mixed in there.  I was thinking, maybe, since this was the load of clothes from the bottom of the basket, that some trash or something got mixed in there.
I kept finding dryer sheets.. probably like 15 or so.  I was so confused!! Then it dawned on me... the BOX of dryer sheets!!! I had them sitting on top of the dryer, right next to the open washing machine.. haha... I guess they fell in with out my knowing it! Oopsie!!!
Luckily they dried just fine, I had to clean out the lint trap every few minutes, but by the end it was just cardboard colored fuzz. :) It definitely added some excitement to the very boring job of laundry!!!

**Some other thoughts... Matthew is doing much better today, he really seems to be feeling better.  His croup has pretty much cleared up and he's no longer feverish.  Poor Elise, though, is not feeling well. Her molars are coming in and they are really bothering her.  I feel so bad!! Of all our kids, none of them have seemed bothered by any teeth coming in, except for Elise.  Poor baby.
Tomorrow Steven's family gets here to celebrate 4th of July with us.  It should be a good time.  Steven has a TON of fireworks.. oh my.. We took a pic and he has even MORE now... sigh... oh well, it's fun for him and the kids and honestly I am glad he's the "fun" one... I don't enjoy being fun very often.  I know that sounds awful, but I am NOT a kid at heart, at all.  I know the kids need that so I am glad Steven is.
Steven and the kids with the firework stash :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny :). I have found pieces of receipts in the laundry several times. I used to be really bad at washing things; crayons, pens, Lee's billfold...haha :)...
    I know what you mean about being grateful that Steven is the "fun one". Lee is the same way, he keeps it exciting around here, whereas if it were up to me we probably wouldn't even leave the house, haha :).

    ReplyDelete