We celebrated Matthew's 3rd Birthday a little early this year because Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Bryan and Aunt Kayla were visiting. :) I just can't believe my baby boy is 3. The last three years have gone so fast!!!
To start his birthday party, we woke him up from his nap... he was so excited and not even a little bit cranky, haha. He rushed downstairs to find his pile of presents wrapped in Cars paper. :) He kept saying, "can I open them?" This is the first year he really understood what was going on.
 |
| Matthew with his presents |
It's fun buying "boy" toys! He got Cars jammies, a pizza planet little alien from Toy Story, Buzz Light year on his rocket, a little train that magnetically sticks to his Thomas train, and a medium sized pillow pet. He also got a Cars 4 wheeler that he LOVES!! haha! Besides that, I think the pillow pet was his favorite. He already has a big pillow pet and and a little tiny one so this medium one just completed the set. Of all the presents he showed the most reaction to the pillow pet. :) He squeezed it and gave it a big hug!
 |
| Matthew and pillow pet |
This little thomas train car is cool.. it has a little alligator in it that opens and closes it's mouth when you push a button. we're working on his Thomas collection, but each little train is kind of expensive so he's really only getting them on special ocassions. :)
 |
| train car |
He also got the Buzz Lightyear that runs with a rocket from Toy Story 1. It's funny because on the box it says "it goes up to 10 ft" Well I thought that meant literally UP! lol. Nope, it just goes across the floor up to 10 feet. I probably wouldn't have bought it and saved myself the $20 if I would have known that the rocket doesn't actually shoot up in the air! Oh well.. it's still a pretty cool toy.
 |
| Buzzy Lightyear and rocket |
The highlight of the day!!!! Danielle covered Matthew's eyes while Daddy ran upstairs to get his new Cars 4 wheeler. When he saw it he gave no reaction. He just stared. Then he said, "what is it?" haha, silly boy! He saw it online before and said, "I want to ride one of those!!!" so I knew he knew what it was! It didn't take long and he was driving all over the place. At first he ran right into the wall!! He's good at it now though, he drives all over the house.
 |
| Cars 4 wheeler |
Cake time! It just felt weird putting a "3" in his cake... wow... just doesn't seem real! He's getting so big. He was very excited and wanted everyone to sing to him. At first he sang along, singing Happy Birthday to himself. :)
 |
| "3!" |
Matthew is loved and surrounded by sisters!! Elise is not in the picture because she was sleeping, poor thing was not feeling well that day. I love this picture with all their blue eyes!!
 |
| Matthew and big sisters! |
Everyone loves cake. It's the same cake I've made every year for every birthday... yellow cake, chocolate frosting. It's what everyone wants!
 |
| Mmmm!! |
Later that night Daddy and Uncle Bryan lit off fireworks and we also had a great show from surrounding neighbors. Matthew brought blankets and all 3 pillow pets outside to "enjoy the show" with him! He's hugging his new one. This morning when I woke up, he climbed in bed with us and had all 3 pillow pets, his nynite and pacifier. All his favorites. It was a great day, everyone had a lot of fun!!
 |
| giving his puppy loves |
Today we took him to his first movie, Cars 2. He wasn't ready to see a movie we don't think. Either that or the movie was just boring for him. He squirmed and wiggled and asked to go potty and home... he was good overall, he just wasn't in to the movie at all. Today is the 4th of July, I think it's cool when your birthday falls near a holiday.. for Matthew, I bet his parties will always include fireworks like for Alaina it's always halloween and dress up.
I might blog later about the 4th. :)
Awww, it looks like he had a wonderful day :). I have a hard time not over doing it with Andrew's birthdays/Christmas. Boy toys are so much fun :)!
ReplyDelete