It's become a tradition... the last 3 years Steven's parents have come to visit us for the 4th of July. It started 2 years ago, the first Independance day we spent in our new house. We had no clue how cool the fireworks show was from our house. People in Omaha LOVE fireworks!! It's a 360 degree view of pure awesomeness and it last for not only hours, but days! Ever since then, Gary and Cathy have always wanted to come back! This year they brought along Bryan and Kayla. That was cool. I hadn't gotten a chance to hang out with Kayla before, I had only met her once before this time. She's really sweet! They are having a baby boy in September. I think they enjoyed the fireworks too.
As I previously mentioned Steven got A LOT of fireworks. About $400 worth - which is crazy!! they had fun though.
They actually lit them off on the 3rd because we just wanted to enjoy the show on the 4th.
At the beginning of the night, we had Elise outside with us... she didn't care about fireworks, haha!! Here she is wandering around:
 |
| Lisey wandering around |
As you can see Steven and Bryan had a blast. Crazy boys.. haha. They are running away from the fireworks here. Dorks. I am not sure if they had more fun.. or the kids.
 |
| Run! |
 |
| Steven and Bryan lighting off some fireworks |
 |
| Here's a pic of Kayla and baby boy! |
Some of us liked the fireworks more than others!! haha! Alaina is one of our loudest children, but she is the most afraid of loud noises! At first she just wanted to spend the evening inside the house, but eventually she ventured out. Here she is sitting with Grandpa Gary.
 |
| Alaina and Grandpa Gary |
 |
| Danielle making a heart with the sparkers |
 |
| This one reminds me of lots and lots of stars in the night sky. :) |
 |
| I thought this one looked cool |
This is just an example of how the fireworks look that go off all around us, one after another! You hardly know where to look! It's so pretty!
 |
| Beautiful fireworks! |
 |
| The girls relaxing and just watching the show! |
Alaina, no longer scared of the fireworks. I think she was pretty much desensitized by this point.
 |
| Sweet Alaina! |
 |
| Matthew and his pillow pets! |
We all had a great time, but I think Steven and the kids had the most fun! Hours and hours.... and hours of fireworks! Three nights worth! First night at a coworkers 4th of July party, second night they lit off all our fireworks and the third night (the actual 4th of July) we sat on the deck and watched them go off. Family had to leave on the 6th, but we look forward to seeing them again soon. :)
That looks like sooo much fun :)!
ReplyDelete