Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts: Harry Potter

Steven and I went on a date this morning!! Morning, because he's working swings right now, 7 days a week.  He's patrolling levees for the National Guard because of all the flooding going on.
Anyway, we went to the 9:15am show, Harry Potter!! It's the last one in the series and I am glad I didn't get into this Harry Potter stuff until now, it's nice not having to wait between movies.  We saw the first couple movies years ago and we just weren't too impressed.  Also the witchcraft just turned me off to it in general.  A couple weeks ago Steven recorded all the movies and we watched them all.  I still didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to them, although I did think they were good.  The last 3 were excellent though!!
Then he bought the first book.  I don't usually read because I LOVE to read... and then I read too much, haha.  Especially when it's a series of books.  I did good though, I used my time wisely! The first one is pretty good... they are great stories.  I just don't like the whole witch/wizard thing.  We don't plan to let the kids read or watch these until they are quite a bit older.  Just don't want that stuff in their heads is all.
I am excited to read the rest of the books and then we will watch the movies again. :)  It was a good date.

No comments:

Post a Comment