Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Words on Wednesday: Yarn

Oh dear.... the yarn bug has bitten!
It's been a few months.. I haven't even thought about yarn! I've had no orders for hats in months, the weather is too hot, so besides a couple I made for my adorable nephew, Ezra (see picture) I haven't even touched the stuff!!
Well... one of my best friends, Kelli, is having a baby boy in Sept and my soon to be sister in law Kayla is also having a baby boy in Sept. Then there's my sister Amber's baby girl in Nov and another one of my best friends, Amber B.'s baby boy in Nov!!
So... I kind of grudgingly accepted the fact that I have to make hats.. already.  Haha!!
So, off to Michaels I went.  The first time I went today was while the oldest 3 girls were at piano lessons... oh my goodness, I was almost giddy.  They have NEW yarn!! A whole new line of it.  I just kept finding new colors to play with.. a lighter green for my frogs (so cute!!). My "monkey" browns in thicker (ie: quicker) yarn. Pretty purple!!
Well, I just had to go back after Steven got home from work.  I could hardly pick which one ball of yarn I was going to buy with my 40% off coupon.  I finally went with the organic cotton brown.. it's very soft. :) Perfect for sweet little bears!
Fall... hurry up! I am ready to make hats!
After this post, I am sure it makes sense that my domain name is knitting with arrows and my blog title is Knit Together in His Love. I really enjoy knitting... and.... yarn!

1 comment:

  1. I am having so much fun planning projects for all of the babies I know on their way too :). My hobby is sewing though, I've tried knitting and it's just not my thing but I figure it works out perfect in the long run...I'll sew and Bri can knit ;)...

    ReplyDelete