Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday's Facts: Two pink lines

It didn't take long! I've had ONE period, lol. 
Actually last month sometime I decided that I am not sure if I can handle being pregnant again... right now... Steven is gone all the time and this fall it's going to be bad again.  He'll be taking 3 classes while working, doing guard weekends, and also doing some side work for a store called Mangelson's. This craziness is going to continue at least through next school year and might let up some over the summer.  I figured having a baby next summer would have been a little easier on all of us.  It'd also give Elise a chance to get a little older before becoming a big sister!
God had other plans though!! I noticed my period was late, but that's normal, especially since my cycles JUST returned.  They are always irregular at this point.  I still tested though, I think it was cycle day 29 or 30. It was negative.  I have these pregnancy test strips, I got 25 of them, I think, for about $5.  So.. I don't hesitate to use them, pretty much whenever I feel like it.
My cramping has been pretty bad.. but that happens when I am pregnant sometimes... still though, I just kept waiting for Aunt Flow to make her appearance. Today is cycle day 35... I though what the heck, I'll test.  It was early in the morning and dark in the bathroom and the test strip is really tiny so I wasn't even sure if I peed on it, LOL! I checked it a minute or so later and didn't see much... thought, oh well... I guess I didn't saturate it enough. :) I tried to go back to sleep.  I couldn't, of course... so I switched my lamp on and had one more peek. There it was, a second, very faint pink line... but def. there. (!!!!)
My mind swirling.... how can this be? Didn't expect this AT ALL... haha... Steven's in the shower.. what do I say to him? He gets out and I just sigh... didn't know what else to do... He asked me what was wrong and I told him I was a little stressed... I had him look at the test in the light and he saw the line too!!!
He was so excited he right away pulled Katie and Danielle in the room and told them.. they are very excited... especially since I am due right around katie's birthday! :)
Steven kept telling me it serves me right because of that April Fools joke I played on him... little did we know, when I was playing that joke on him, that we'd have a little baby in exactly a year. :) Maybe I'll "go into labor" on April fools day... ;)

I am a bit concerned though... I went back a couple hours later to look at the test again... I just do that for some reason... reassurance I guess... and the line had completely faded.  So, I took another one and it came out very negative.  A few hours later I took two more and both of those were negative.  So, now I have 4 negative test strips lying there and I am starting to feel like I must have been seeing things this morning... if Steven hadn't seen them too... I'd really doubt myself.  UGH.... So, I need to pick up a couple sensitive tests, take one tonight and one tomorrow morning...
For now I am telling no one except close friends and family.. basically no one in Omaha can know.  I don't feel like dealing with their less than happy reactions.
I'll keep ya updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment