Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012 Status Updates

Jan 1, 2012
In CO now!! :) The trip was eventful... We saw a huge meteor shoot across the sky. HUGE. Then about an hour from our destination Matthew started throwing up. We don't normally deal w/ car sickness, but he didn't still seem sick otherwise. Yuck, that was gross.

Four cloves of garlic and two eggs make a very delicious sandwich!! Mmmm....

Jan 5
got back to NE late last night and Matthew is back to throwing up every half an hour this morning. What the heck??? It's been a week since this all started with him! It hasn't been constant, he has acted normal in between, but on and off... this is enough! Poor thing!

And here I thought that the worst thing about this morning was that we'd have to drag our sleepy selves out of bed after getting home so late and get to school, but instead I am by Matthew's side because of constant unpredictable vomiting... this is way worse! I want normal again!!! Prayers are appreciated.....

Well, it looks like the worst has passed, at least for this round of throwing up! It's been a few hours...... Hoping and praying that everyone is better now and Elise doesn't catch it... and mostly that Matthew just stays healthy.

Jan 6
Matthew threw up again.... Poor thing, I wonder when he'll ever be better! He was acting totally normal today too, eating and playing.

asking for prayers for Matthew, that this sickness will leave his little body. It's been 8 full days now, on and off. This "flu" or whatever it is affected everyone else for 1-2 days, but with Matthew it's just hanging on. :( I don't even know what to look for anymore, because he has signs of getting better over and over again, just to be hit with it all over again.

Jan 7
Matthew is doing much better today. He looks and acts normal. We're watching him closely though and will take him in first sign of dehydration or anything like that.

Jan 8
Well.... Matthew got sick again this morning, 3x.... I am now sick again for round two, :( AND it's poor Steven's birthday... Ugh... I hope this day improves.

Just lying here chewing ice chips, it's about all my tummy can handle right now. I have the best hubby ever, he sacrificed his b-day to take care of me, and the kids today, and didn't complain once. Thank you so much steven! You're the best!

Is blessed with a wonderful church family! I finally felt ok enough to eat and had some of Wendy's homemade bread dipped into the homemade chicken noodle soup broth from Cheri. Thank you so much for bringing that over tonight, I feel so loved and spoiled. :)

Jan 9
New day!!! I slept A LOT and feel much better this morning. Matthew seems to be doing fine, keep your fingers crossed!! I plan to call his pediatrician today just to let them know what's been going on with him over the last couple weeks.

Jan 10
Yay.... Still no more sickness at the Maestas home! It's been a couple days, the longest we've gone in awhile!

So... any thoughts on getting an accurate "gender guess" at 14 weeks, 5 days? I just found out I have to see Maternal Fetal Medicine (that's the bad news, thyroid is acting up again), BUT the good news, when I was pregnant with Elise I got an ultrasound every visit. :) :) So, if that is the case this time, I will be 14w5d (next Tues)... too early to tell???? It'd be a great B-day present for me.. :)

Jan 12
made play-dough for the kids today. Alaina wanted yellow and Matthew wanted green, their favorite colors! Even Elise got to play with a little bit of both colors and LOVED it! :)

Jan 13
So, who actually likes timeline? I don't have it yet, and I am scared of it, lol. Steven says he likes it though.

Jan 15
Alaina: "I know how to spell Taco John's!!!!....... J-E-S-U-S!"
Ummm... not quite.. hehe... but at least she's learning to spell! :)


Jan 16
It's almost time for my ultrasound... we *might* know what we are having as of tomorrow at 10am!! So... what do you think..... is it a GIRL (#6) or BOY (#2)???? I am so excited... we pretty much have a name finalized for a girl or boy and are prepared for either.... :) give me your best guess!
  -Results..... Girl (5) Boy (22)

Jan 17
So, we got McDonalds.... it's what we ALWAYS do when we find out we're having.............. A BOY!!!! :)

I can't believe it's a boy!!! Ahhhh!!! :) Our whole family is very excited.

Jan 18
Mmmmmm... Chocolate chip cookies on my birthday... better than cake! Thanks Alicia! :) Yummy!

Jan 19
I'd like to know where all my maternity clothes are. Not that I have a lot.. maybe half a trash bag.. you see, every pregnancy was supposedly going to be my last so I just never really invested in them, haha... always borrowed. The few I have, though, I want. I really hope they didn't go to Good will.... :(

Lisey got into Steven's fun dip. Blue fun dip. She opened the package and it spilled on the carpet.. also her fingers and mouth are very blue. When i caught her she guiltily said, "here you go..." and handed me the *empty* wrapper. :) Stinker! Fun dip would be banned from this house if I had anything to do with it!!!! It's messy messy messy!!

Why are legos/duplos so expensive? Even on craigslist. Matthew just really wants some.. figured I'd get an early start for his birthday, which isn't until July thankfully! :)

Jan 23
Elise got her first *real* haircut today. I've trimmed her bangs a gazillion times, but the rest of it was pretty much untouched. It was just getting so stringy and wispy I couldn't take it anymore! I cut about 2 inches off the back... She has a cute little bob now. The sides are still stringy, but I didn't want to cut anymore off. It'll just have to grow out some more before I can cut off that baby hair.. :( It's kinda sad...

Jan 24
Have an OB appt today. Excited to hear baby's heartbeat again... it's one of the most wonderful sounds! :)

I need more time! Between knitting and now learning to quilt... and wanting to learn how to crochet better.. and scrapbooking.... and just sewing in general, there is just not enough time to go around! :) Then again my mind is a lot more ambitious than my body.. and I could probably make the time if I really set out to do it.

I think we are going to do firetruck bedding for the new baby boy... Matthew is in full agreement! LOL. He's very excited. He already has a firetruck lamp in his room and a rug, plus bedding put away for when he gets a bigger bed. So, that would make the most sense. Now... where to get it.... hmmm... at least I have a few months to find a good deal! :)

Jan 25
So my very first post on facebook, back in Dec of 2007, was, "I should be cleaning"... Nothing has changed.

Jan 26
Delicious!! I just had an awesome salad! Spinach, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, chicken, radish, cheese, and olive oil!! YUM! Baby is happy now and my breath is superb! :) hehe

Jan 27
Olive Garden tonight.... oh my goodness... time go faster!!!

Jan 28
I can't wait to meet my sweet little baby.... it's incredible how in love I already am when I have yet to feel his little movements or kiss his soft skin.. how is that even possible? The miracle of life is the most beautiful thing.

Jan 30
I am pretty sure I've been feeling the baby kick the last couple days... :)

Mmmm.... pickles and onion rolled up in turkey lunch meat... delicious 11:00pm snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment