Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday: the 2 weeks of sick!

Wow.  14 weeks already.  This is my first entry in the year 2012!
Christmas was good... Cathy was here visiting us for two weeks.. that was wonderful!! I felt bad that it had to be right when I was feeling tired and sick (morning sickness) and THEN we all got the flu! It started the Monday after Christmas... Alaina first.  She threw up once, and then layed around and slept for 2 days.  Then Wed my morning sickness (but not the tiredness) got better.... I was just under 12 wks so I was surprised it went away so early.. I later learned that Becca started feeling better the same exact day, although she's 2 1/2 weeks behind me.  THEN Thursday I went to lunch with Alicia and came home to Johanna lying on the couch, not feeling well.  I got a her a bowl, just in case, and with in moments she threw up.  She continued to throw up all day.  Around dinner time Matthew said, "my tummy hurts..." UH-OH.  So I put him in bed, with a bowl and he started throwing up... that continued all evening and into the night.  Steven and Cathy were running up and down the stairs taking care of Matthew and Johanna.  I really don't do well with puke. :P
Then Cathy, Katie, Danielle and I settled down to watch Little House on the Prairie.  I was feeling more and more sick by the moment.  When it was over, I knew... I just knew... I got it too.  Then Katie comes to me in tears saying she doesn't feel well and not long after, Danielle.  The three of us were throwing up with in 15 minutes of each other.  What a long miserable night.  We all slept a huge part of the next day.  Steven didn't throw up, but starting Wed night, he felt bad, and that continued until Fri night for him.
Saturday we left for CO, thinking everyone was well.  Overall, we were... but then when we got to the Springs, Matthew threw up... in his carseat... everywhere.  GROSS!!! Then again, with in 15 minutes.  Oh... I don't do well with puke!!! Thankfully Cathy was there and helped A LOT.
After that he was fine.  He had some diahrrea on Sunday and Monday.  Wednesday we left to come home to NE.  Matthew didn't eat a whole lot on the trip.  Mostly goldfish, but also a little apple.  We got home late, 11:30 PM or so.  Around 5 am Matthew woke up throwing up.... Steven left for work and between 5 and 8 he threw up 6 or 7 times.  I hate puke.  Did I mention that? I felt soooo bad for Matthew though.... :(
He woke up about 10:30, starving.  So he ate mostly crackers and drank 7 up.  This was Thursday.  He was fine til Friday night.  We were at Alicia's house and he started feeling bad, so we got him a bowl.  He ended up throwing up over there... :P Then again after we got home.
Of course he woke up Saturday, starved.. but I tried to limit how much, and what he ate.  Mostly BRAT diet.  Then Sunday morning, again about 36 ish hours later... he was throwing up again.  3x.  THEN I got sick.  This was on Steven's birthday.  I had actually started feeling really run-down and morning sickness-y on Friday and Saturday.  I thought maybe it was coming back and I just had a "good" week or something.... but when I started getting sick Sunday morning I knew it was the stomach virus again.  I was OUT for the entire day.  I slept til 4, but still was so weak I could hardly sit up.  Cheri and Wendy brought food... homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade bread.  I couldn't really eat until about 9pm.  Then I was asleep again by probably about 10:30.  I woke up Monday morning feeling sooo much better.... it's been a good week.  Matthew hasn't been sick since Sunday morning and I feel like I truly am in my second trimester.  I have been tired, but I do blame a big part of that on having to get up for school, again.  Christmas break was nice... sleeping in everyday.

The other day I found out i am getting an u/s!!! I'll be 14w5d... so they might be able to see if we are having a boy or girl!!!!! Matthew is SURE it's a brother... Alaina has been wanting a girl until yesterday, when she told me that God told her it was a boy! That surprised me because Alaina isn't all that perceptive sometimes, and since it went against what she has been wanting all along it does make me wonder.... Obviously maybe it really was God.... or maybe it was her own thought... either way it was very interesting.  She said she was lying in bed and God just said (in her head) that the baby in Mommy's tummy is a boy.... :) Isn't that so cute! What's funny is, she has been so adamant about it being a GIRL that the morning she told me this, she was saying it was a girl again and then quickly said, no... it's a boy.. God told me.  She was so serious and it was really not like her.  So, that's kind of cool.  If it's actually a girl, I don't know what I'll tell her... obviously people can be wrong about God talking to them, and that's ok, but I don't want her to feel bad. Or never trust it again when she believes she hears God's voice.... It was also interesting that it was the night that we started doing our family Bible study again after taking a VERY LONG break from it.  While I had morning sickness I just was not up to it... and it was not an, "oh I just don't feel like it tonight" because I fight through that, but genuine exhaustion.  Just glad I seem to be past the worst of it now.
Well... signing off!
Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment