Feb 1, 2012
Matthew: Soon I'll be big like Daddy! I am growing up! Then I'll say (and he deepens his voice) CLEAN THE ROOM, KIDS! There will be no more Matthews....
It was so cute.. but I told him, we'll still have a Matthew, just a BIG Matthew... :) Makes me kinda sad thinking about him growing up and being a big Matthew... :(
poor neglected fat Benny... he's over here harassing me for attention, lol
I think it's time for some more pickles, onions and turkey....
Feb 3
So today we had a piano tuner come over to work on our piano. This man is blind. As I am rushing the kids around to clean the house before he gets here, Katie stops and says, "why are we cleaning? He can't see the mess anyway..." True... but his wife was with him and she can! LOL! Besides, the "mess" is a tripping hazard even when you CAN see! Stinker
Feb 4
Good snow day today! We had a "party".... just celebrating good behavior. We had cake and blew up balloons and melted crayons in the oven. I thought those could have turned out better, but Elise LOVES them... :)"
Feb 5
Darn cold I have. :( I do not feel well. Ugh.
Feb 6
Crayon vs. laundry... Add heat from the dryer and the crayon always wins. :( Casualty: Steven's favorite khaki pants among many other things.
Feb 7
I have a dentist appt later... so unfortunately no garlic or onions on ANYthing today... ;)
Feb 8
Matthew: bandaids make me brave... :)
Is listening to Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids With the Love of Jesus on audible. So far it's really good! I've learned a lot and only 2 chapters into it!
Feb 9
"Yes give them God's law. Teach it to them and tell them that God demands obedience. But before you are done, give them grace and explain again the beautiful story of Christ's perfect keeping of it for them. Jesus Christ was the only one that deserved to hear, "You are good" but he relinquished his right relationship with the law and his Father, and suffered as a lawbreaker. This is the message we all need to hear, and it is the only message that will transform our hearts." Elyse Fitzpatrick, Give Them Grace: Dazzling your Kids with the Love of Jesus.
Feb 11
Matthew: "Look I am SO strong!" (as he carries a bucket full of books)... "because I ate a broccoli yesterday. A big fat one!"
Feb 13
Recently I taught the older girls to iron shirts.. saves me time and gives them a necessary life skill... :) So I went to check on Danielle (10) who was ironing Steven's shirt... things were going way wrong, lol... and she began to explain... "well things were going really good until I realized I ironed it inside out! I was doing it right, too... only it was all wrong" Haha... Silly girl!
If there is no one getting rid of/selling a pack-n-play in the Omaha area.. does someone have one they'd be willing to let me borrow.. long term? LOL We are getting the room set up for baby already and we are moving Elise with the older girls, instead of moving her crib I'd rather just stick her in a pack-n-play until she's ready for a toddler bed.. or until *I* am ready for her to be in a toddler bed.. haha..
Feb 14
Elise pulled a Johanna this morning. In case you don't know what that is... well, to put it simply, she pooped then opened her diaper and it got all over her bed! Why am I always pregnant when these things happen... wait... yeah, I know... I am pregnant a lot. :) Total grossness and Happy Valentine's Day!
Feb 16
uh-oh... Lisey's being a total snuggle bug and just wants her ny-nite and paci... and has been acting ready for a nap all morning... better not be getting sick!
Feb 17
So... today Elise was trying to pull something apart and couldn't do it, so she said, "uuuhhhh..... I can't. Dang it." :( It doesn't sound bad coming from Steven's or my mouth, but from those sweet little lips it was just not right! I have never had a kid mimic so much stuff... the little stinker! We still got a laugh out of it when she wasn't in earshot though... ;)
Feb 18
Elise says, "bap-you" for Matthew. It's really funny to hear her yelling at the top of her lungs for him, lol."
Feb 21
Katie finished the Bible last night! She read the whole thing in 3 months... :) She really enjoyed it and I am proud of her for sticking with it!
Feb 22
Danielle... wandering around aimlessly this morning, "I can't find my backpack. It was just here. So weird! What in the world did I do with it?"
Johanna... "it's on your back, Danielle"
((Lots of giggling))
They're so cute. ♥ them!
Matthew: "Dear God, please help my Grandma's that live far far away have her house......... on my sidewalk...." ♥!!
Feb 23
Today has been kind of off to a rough start, but things are a little better now. Trying to get the housework done early because a nap is definitely needed by all today. Especially me."
I am 20 weeks today!!! Tomorrow I have another u/s! :) We'll see if this baby is still a boy..... :) Better be!
Feb 24
Baby is still a boy!! :)
Danielle, after the ultrasound... "why couldn't they just say, 'it's a boy'... did they really have to go into all the details and name all the parts? They could have just done with out all that stuff... it was gross!" LOL!!!
Feb 26
Baby is active tonight, my tummy is bouncing all over the place!! Love him!!
Benny is grounded tonight. He pooped in the potatoes. Too bad I am pregnant and couldn't clean up that mess!
Feb 27
Our van is paid off.... such a great feeling, took us less than a year and a half, but feels so much longer! What a relief!
Feb 28
Me: Matthew, do you want to have a matching shirt with your baby brother?
Matthew: Yes! I have a 'handsome like daddy' shirt (his favorite), my baby brother can wear a 'handsome like Matthew' shirt!
Me: ((lots of hugs and kisses and squeezes for my cute and sweet little boy..))
So, Matthew lifted up my shirt to look at my stomach and he very seriously said, "there's no ball in there...." ;)
Feb 29
Hopefully Matthew will be this sweet forever... so, he has this "magic 8 ball" type thing, only it's a Sponge Bob... but he brought it to me and told me to shake it. So I did. Then he "read" it.... and said, "it says, 'I love Mommy and Daddy..'" Aww! ♥ him!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment