Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Words on Wednesday: the things they say...

I usually put cute things my kids say as status updates.. but I had to mention a few on here.
Matthew (3), lately, has been all about being BIG, strong and brave... just. like. Daddy. :)
So in the last month here are some things he has said:
"band-aids make me brave.."
"Look I am SO strong!" (as he carries a bucket full of books)... "because I ate a broccoli yesterday. A big fat one!"
"Soon I'll be big like Daddy! I am growing up! Then I'll say (and he deepens his voice) CLEAN THE ROOM, KIDS! There will be no more Matthews...."

Today Elise (21m) is obsessed with saying, "underwear" LOL... Don't know where she got it and honestly I don't think she's trying to even say that word.. it's funny anyway.
She's speaking in little sentences now and loves to sing.  She sings Jesus Loves Me, Joy Joy Down in my Heart, Jingle Bells, ABC's, Happy Day... etc... Some little sentences I've caught her saying are, "I can't, I can't reach!" while trying to hang up her coat, lol.. She'll say, "I find it!!" and the "I love you..." just melts my heart!

Johanna's (7) funny phrase of the month.... she ran out of the bathroom excitedly... "MOMMY!! I have pitch green poop... I mean PITCH!" LOL... Apparently she had heard the expression 'pitch black' and figured it applied either way, haha!!!

Katie (12) doesn't surprise us with hilarious unexpected stuff as much anymore, but the other day, before the piano tuner got here, we were rushing around and cleaning.  As I pressured her to hurry up, there were dishes to be done afterall... she paused and looked at me and said, "why do we have to clean, he's blind, he can't see the mess anyway!" Haha! 

Alaina (5) has her funny moments too, but this just goes to show that i really need to blog this stuff more often, I forget so fast and so easily!  A couple things I can remember that were super cute... one time she said, "I know how to spell Taco John's... J-E-S-U-S!"
Then the other day she was super excited for the Davis' to come over and I asked her, "why are you so excited?" She thought about it a minute and said, "ummm... I get to go to evergreen valley, Heaven one day, and a new baby brother!!!" Haha! The answer I was looking for was evergreen valley, a place down the street they play at with a fort.  Alaina usually never gets to go, but on this particular day I was letting her.. :) The 'Heaven' and 'baby brother' part surprised me.

Then there's Steven... he's guilty of saying a funny thing or two... :) Tonight, after Matthew went to the bathroom I asked Steven if he'd wipe him... and then I hear.... "EW! Did you share a candy bar with your butt or sit on a hershey's kiss?!" LOL  Then Katie, who is trying to eat at the time, starts to gag, lol... Oh my family, haha.... On the plus side.. it made my fast of candy a little easier.....

Danielle is ALWAYS cracking us up.  Seriously, it's funny I can't remember anything recent from her.  When I do remember something I will add it for sure!
Never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment