Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: HALFWAY!! :)

Today marks week 20 of my pregnancy!! That means, if I am pregnant until July 12, 2012 I am exactly halfway there!! :) Woo hoo!!!
As of right now, I don't want to be induced... but I don't want to go overdue either... so I think I will stick with the same plan I had with Elise.  I will plan to wait until my duedate to induce.  I didn't make it with Elise, because my blood pressure went up at 39 weeks, but at that point I was dilated to a 4 and like 80% effaced so I probably wouldn't have made it another week anyway.. who knows though... stranger things have happened!
It would be cool to have him on the 7th though because then I can say I had my 7th child on 7/7.. :) That's only 5 days before my due date, it's possible!!!
Either way, today is a milestone!
So far the pregnancy has been going wonderfully... I am not super tired, not sick at all, baby is moving around, no cramping, no pain... the only complaint is I am already gaining too much.  I am pushing 160 already.. Haven't actually seen those numbers on the scale yet... but I am steadily creeping up there and it won't be long.  Considering my highest weight ever was like 176, I do feel a little nervous.  I still have 19-20 weeks to go and the baby grows the most during this time and I put on the most water during this time... especially in the summer months.  So.. I should cut down on food now! No more bedtime snacks and more salads!

On another note.. had to share what Matthew prayed last night.  He was praying for all the usual things... like a baby brother  and a dog... and then he said, "help my grandmas that live far far away to have her house right on my sidewalk!" aww.. so sweet... I so wish that our parents could be closer.  Sometimes it feels so isolating out here all alone, yet we love it and wouldnt' want to move to CO.  IDK, though... sometimes I think, if we homeschooled, then why not? I mean the church is our family here, but everyone knows that's just different.  We are not blood family and that does make a difference.  Everyone has their own families and lives.  So, I am with Matthew... I miss my Grandma too!

No comments:

Post a Comment