Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Words on Wednesday: Danielle-isms

I previously wrote a post about the funny things the kids say.  At the time I couldn't think of Danielle's funniest moments... well I thought of some and few things have happened since then....
A lot of these are my facebook status updates.  So glad I jot things down on there so I will always remember them!

While stuck doing a lot of homework, she looks up and says, "don't you think they are taking our lives away?" I ask, who? She says, "the teachers, we have to go to school allllll day and then we have to come home and practice piano and do lots and lots of homework and then it's time for bed.... we get no time to play.... and then we wake up and do it all over again!"  Katie overhears, who has much more homework than Danielle on a regular basis and says... "your life is so rough, Danielle!"
Funny thing is, they did get to play at "evergreen valley" for a long time after school, WITH their friend Juliette! Silly girl.

Another time Danielle was ironing Steven's shirt.  I recently taught katie and Danielle to do this.  Helps me out.. gives them a life skill that is necessary... helps Steven out... and if they mess up, no biggie!  So, I went to go and check on her and everything was going all wrong... she tells me that she accidentally ironed it inside out! She tells me, "I was doing it right, too... but then I realized it was inside out and that is NOT right!" Haha!! It's so cute coming from her cute little voice.  So I helped her figure it out and we got a good giggle.

The way she describes things is awesome.  She was telling our friend Charity Long about  sliding down the stairs on her belly... the little kids call it "Wah" because they say "waaaaahhh" as they go down.  Anyways she was saying that it was hard for her to do because it squishes her organs, lol!

The other morning she was looking everywhere for her backpack... she was saying, "it's so weird, I just had it!" Johanna pointed out, she had it on her back all along!!!!

I love hearing her laugh.  The younger kids do things that just get her cracking up.  She just loves them so much it's so cute to hear her delight in them.  The first night Elise was in her pack-n-play in their room, Danielle went to go and lie down on the floor next to her... all I could hear was giggling through the monitor.  Not long after Danielle comes to tell us what happened, laughing so hard she could hardly talk... I seriously love it, the giggle is so cute.. but apparently what happened was she was lying there and looked up to check on Lisey because it had been quiet and when s he looked, elise had her face smushed against the mesh siding on the pack-n-play and said, "Dah-yaw? Sweeping?"  She did not expect to see her there and it cracked her up!
Then last night she was spying on Matthew through the crack of his door and he was singing by himself and getting higher and higher til his voice squeeked and unzipping his jammies and she just laughed and laughed... It was really cute.

After my ultrasound I asked her how she liked the part where they showed us baby was a boy (I was teasing because she got 'grossed out' at the picture of that part from the first u/s)... she said, "It was so gross! I don't know why they had to name all the parts, why couldn't they just say, look it's a boy and move on!"  Hehe... I got a kick out of that.

Last night we were watching American Idol... and she really likes guys with deep voices.  She told me if a guy sings too high it sends shivers up her spine and she can't stand it.  I am noticing a trend here... if a guy wears pink or purple it really bothers her.  She does not like girly men... haha! It's funny seeing such a preference from her at such a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment